"Fantastic app. I dont have enough positive things to say about this app. I am teaching my daughter to sight sing with it - she loves it, I love it." -- a 5-star review at App Store
"Easy to configure, great for sight singing and ear training. Play back function gives instant feedback. I use this daily." -- a 5-star review at App Store
This app is for training on sight singing, the ability to read and sing music on sight. It will measure the pitch you sing for each note and provide feedback so that you can know if that pitch is correct or not.
This apps preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCdRi650QB4
How to use Sight Singing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-YzarKrOUc
=== How to Use ===
1. Press Tonic to check the tonic of the music score.
2. [only on the iPhone version] Scroll through the score to get the picture of a whole song.
3. Press Start and begin singing along with the score.
4. The color of a note will change to green when the pitch you sing is correct. A red note will be displayed when your pitch is off.
5. Push Play to listen to the song in the correct pitch.
=== Main Feature List ===
* Changing the tempo.
* Selecting a treble clef or a bass clef.
* Recording your song and playing back with correct melody.
* Displaying syllables in fixed-do or moveable-do. (Also, a double-tap on the music score will hide/show them easily.)
* Scale practice mode.
* Report section to show your performance report.
Additional settings can be purchased through In-App Purchases, giving access to the following functionality:
* Selecting a level of score difficulty from Intro I, Intro II, Easy, Moderate, and Difficult.
* Choosing the type of notes and rests that appear in the music score.
* Setting the leap.
* Selecting a key from twelve major and twelve minor keys.
* Selecting the time signature from 2/4, 3/4, or 4/4.
* Setting the number of bars.
=== FAQ ===
Q. The app does not seem to detect any sound.
A. In this case, there is the possibility that the app is not allowed to use your iPhone/iPads microphone. When the app is launched for the first time, a popup window asking if you allow the app to use the microphone is supposed to appear. That setting can be changed by tapping Setting from your iPhone/iPads home screen, scrolling down to find and tap the app icon, and turning on the switch for Microphone.
Q. The app does not seem to provide correct feedback.
A. There would be multiple possible factors causing it. Please check the following things first:
1) Even when you sing the correct pitch, if its timing is not quite right, the feedback will be affected. We recommend to try using a headset or earphones so that you can hear the metronome sound as background while you are singing.
2) The feedback could be affected by ambient noise. We recommend to use the app in a quiet room.
Thanks Katie for sharing music notation images! Her great web site of Midnight Music is found at http://www.midnightmusic.com.au/